November 14

Final Exhibition Reflection

We had our exhibition night on Wednesday, 6th of November. The exhibition night was so fun. The hall was nearly full that you could not see anything.

When we first started exhibition, we had to choose a topic. I chose Climate Change because I knew some facts about climate change and I waned to find out more. Also, climate change saw is not just in one place, it is all around the world. In the tuning in stage, we had to write our central idea and lines of inquiry. My central idea was “ progress impacts community”. We had other central ideas that we could of used, but this one was the best. My first line of inquiry was and inquiry into climate change patterns, my second one was and inquiry into what cause climate change, my last on was an inquiry into how climate change effect things.

After we finished the tuning in stage, we went onto finding out. We also met our mentor teacher . My mentor teacher was my senior string teacher and we had the meetings in her music room. When we were researching the questions we wrote, we had to write down references. I found a lot of useful information like how climate change effects animals. We had to have a Primary source. My primary source was a person called Dr Phillip Roetman and we wrote a E-mail to him. On our E-mail, we wrote six questions that we couldn’t find the answer to or we needed more information to and we got a six page response from him!!!!

We had to make fact sheets after we found out information. The fact sheets goes in our wall we were going to have at the exhibition evening. I decided that my fact sheets were a little to plain so, I printed the fact sheets and added some decoration to it. It looked much better after. We also had other stuff like our art posters, our poems that we had to write, our 2 graphs that we created and little facts like “ Did you know that little changes in your house can make a difference?” Or “do you know what climate change is?”

We had to take action for our topic so my friend and I did a pledge which is when you promise something like using less hot water, growing a plant in your backyard, turn of electric devices when not in use or have a plastic free lunch box. You choose one of those to do and sign your name on a big piece of A3 card with the colour that is presented next to it. You get a little sticker depending on which colour you signed and then, the people who received the stickers can attract people to come to our stall. It was very successful because we got every that came to our stall to sign it and the page they signed their names on is covered signatures.

On the night, I was talking a lot of parents. During, we went over to the hall to set up our stall. We had to hang up our fact sheets, our art poster that what does made in art and much more. After that, we went to our stalls and half of the class pretended to be the friends and parents that were gong to come on the night. My friend bought in fairy lights and we turned them on once the parents came in. We also had some flowers on our desk to decorate it and we had a blue cloth since the table is all white and dull.

Exhibition will be a event that I will never forget.

Posted November 14, 2019 by Winnie in category Exhibition